Our Operational Buildings Group provides day-to-day technical support to a portfolio of LGIMRA buildings across the UK, driving occupant satisfaction, technical compliance, efficient building operation and net zero carbon initiatives.
This CIBSE award winning framework provides a customer-centric approach, where our Technical Building Performance Engineers effectively operate as outsourced engineering managers, providing day-to-day technical support and advice to LGIMRA and other members of their supply chain on matters including:
- Compliance Auditing
- Life Cycle Planning (PMR)
- Technical Support and Building Performance Monitoring
- Fault Investigation and Resolution (On-Demand)
LGIMRA recognised that existing property management structures were often cumbersome and hindered critical communication channels, preventing quick resolution of property matters and investment decisions. In response, LGIMRA developed a bespoke model (Project Mercury) which re-assessed and re-imagined all aspects of property and associated supply-chain management.
A key objective of the Project Mercury model is to gather and harness the benefits of operational data to inform property management decisions. The first step of this re-invention was to define and develop the role of Facilities Integrator based around a proprietary integrated workplace management system (IWMS) and other building analytical platforms, to gather the building data for analysis. Bellrock were appointed to this role using their Concerto IWMS platform as the central basis of accurate and consistent data gathering.
LGIMRA recognised that day-to-day property operations and strategic advice on future proofing of the building stock required very specialised expertise from independent Technical Consultants. This led to the development of the brief for the Technical Building Performance Engineer (TBPE). Hilson Moran’s Operational Buildings Group were formally appointed following a competitive tender in April 2020 and share the commission with Hoare Lea.
This framework arrangement also enables LGIMRA and their supply chain to access a wide range of other disciplines and skills within Hilson Moran including:
- Net Zero Carbon advice and pathways
- Vertical Transportation Consultancy
- Smart Buildings
- Broader Sustainability Consultancy
- Embodied Carbon advice
- Project Design and Technical Monitoring
- Tenant fit-out reviews (License to Alter)
- Maintenance Procurement Services (Contract Re-tendering)
- Regulatory Advice (Heat Networks, F-Gas, NZC, etc.)
This collaborative and interdisciplinary approach has resulted in further appointments outside of the TBPE framework agreement for Hilson Moran, including:
- Net Zero Carbon Roadmap Audits (seven properties to-date), including commercial offices, residential and retail space
- Burleigh House, London – A major refurbishment project spanning three floors and a roof terrace
- Apex Plaza, Reading – an embodied carbon study into façade options
- 101 Victoria Street, Bristol – a major domestic water services pipework replacement project
- 210 High Holborn, London – a major office refurbishment
- Dolphin Shopping Centre, Poole – generator replacement project
- Rathbone Market, London – maintenance procurement exercise