Last year, as part of our 40th birthday celebrations, we offered our staff the chance to enter the Hilson Moran Staff Travel Competition. The winner would receive £2,000 towards a dream adventure of their choice, which would utilise their professional skills and passions to benefit the places that they visit.
We asked them;
If you were presented with a once in a lifetime opportunity to make a difference to the world we live in, what would be your dream travel experience? What would you do to leave a positive influence on the lives of a local community in a city, town, village or country you visit?
A shortlist of five were chosen from the entries and each of these then presented live to the whole company (via our interactive VC systems) and are listed below;
- Anna Tsoumi wanted to help upgrade existing teaching buildings in Narere in Fiji
- Craig Sawyer wanted to use his engineering experience to identify opportunities to help improve the operation and efficiency of a rainforest conservation project in Ecuador.
- Pippa Messenger wanted to realise a life-long dream to start a Madagascan Lemur sanctuary
- Marie-Louise Schembri wanted to empower communities in temporary living settlements by passing on sustainability knowledge and awareness
- Stephen Atemie wanted to teach lindy hop to challenged children and adults in Mexico City to help create social change and personal confidence