YY London has been awarded SmartScore platinum, achieving 91 out of 100 possible credits and the highest of four possible SmartScore certification levels.
Joining a small group of SmartScore Platinum certified workplaces in the capital, this achievement demonstrates the building’s use of market leading technology, processes and automation that will deliver world class smart outcomes for the building’s users.
Designed by architect Buckley Gray Yeoman for Quadrant and Oaktree Capital, with Victoria Asset Management, YY London is a new landmark workplace for London focused on wellbeing and community. A dramatic refurbishment of the former home of Thomson Reuters in Canary Wharf, the building will deliver over 400,000 sq ft of inspirational office space within an elegant curved form when it launches later this year.
SmartScore is the globally recognised smart building certification from WiredScore. As reliance on technology in the workplace grows, digital connectivity and in-building technology have become increasingly essential to businesses, buildings and people. Working in an office which is SmartScore certified independently assesses and ensures that the building uses technology that will deliver an exceptional user experience, meet high standards of sustainability and be fully future-proofed.
Quadrant appointed Hilson Moran to help attain the standards needed for successful SmartScore certification. In the SmartScore report, the assessors highlighted a wealth of smart features, including:
- Productivity boosting measures, including visitor arrival notifications, meeting room bookings and digital wayfinding.
- Health and wellbeing benefits, including granting users the ability to adjust their personal environments via individual controls, even in shared spaces.
- Clear and accessible energy usage data, available to the building’s users and broken down across different floors and systems.
- Easy optimisation of the building’s operational environment, including tracking the building’s systems performance against their defined operational targets.
- Secure, streamlined access, complemented by real time population tracking.