As a graduate or trainee you are invited to become a member of our mentor scheme, we encourage your development not only through your work but with training opportunities. We encourage everyone to get involve, be inspired, challenge how we work, impact the world and our future climate by the projects we are involved in. You will get to work on a variety projects from inception to completion, helping us to meet the environmental aspirations of our clients, whilst liaising with
other members of the team.
- Opportunities to work on international projects, and award winning projects in the UK
- Carrying out various technical outputs (digital models, drawings, reports, sketches and specifications)
- Assist in the preparation of conceptual designs
- Assisting with planning applications, energy modelling, and whole life carbon assessments
- Preparation of detailed designs and calculations to the relevant Codes, Standards and design guidance using relevant software packages.
- Contribution to the production of technical reports.
- Design calculations and analysis using 2D and 3D software packages.
- Responding to client requests for information.
- Liaising with other disciplines across the offices.
- Talking with team members both internally and externally
We are seeking people with skills, knowledge and interest in the below areas. It is not expected that as graduate you would have knowledge in all of these subjects but an appreciation in most would be an advantage.
- Data analytical skills
- Have the ability and desire to work in a team environment
- An interest in working in and improving our Built Environment
- A desire to work constructively in a team, finding holistic building design solutions
- Experience of working with energy compliance methods and tools (such Dynamic Thermal Modelling)
- Experience with CFD (wind modelling, internal thermal comfort, fire)
- SAP, SBEM, ESOS
- Are computer literate, ideally with knowledge of BIM and CAD
- Experience of Rhino, Grasshopper or similar software packages
- Coding or programming skills in languages such as VBA, Visual Studio, Python, C+ amongst other
- Have experience of working within a similar role (if you have been previously employed in the industry)
- Have an understanding of the CDM Regulations and designers’ responsibilities.